The purpose of Homeschoolers of Wyoming (HOW) is to further the interests of parent-directed, family-funded home education of children in the state of Wyoming.
Here are five important things to know about HOW:
- Benefits include a network of legislative and educational support via its annual convention, email newsletter, website, and locally organized activities.
- Membership in HOW is open to all family-funded, parent-directed home educating families in Wyoming.
- Leadership in HOW is organized through its Board of Directors and it is couples-based and Christian-directed.
- Local support is offered through HOW representatives across all 23 Wyoming counties.
- Our annual convention provides speakers, workshops, used book sale, exhibit hall to view curriculum and materials, and an opportunity to fellowship with other home educating families.
Support home education in Wyoming by joining HOW today.
Statement of Faith
Board members must be in agreement with this statement of faith, but it is not required for those individuals wishing to participate in activities offered by HOW.
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes His completed and final revelation to man. The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed from eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God come in human flesh being fully God and fully man, except without sin.
- All men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character both by nature and act, and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation.
- The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.
- Marriage is defined by scripture as consisting of one man and one woman, and is the basis of the family, which is a unit ordained by God, and is foundational to the Church and to society.
(Cost to join is $35 for the first year and $50 for each year thereafter.)
When you join NCLL, you gain peace of mind that NCLL attorneys:
- Can address any ongoing or current legal compliance questions or concerns.
- Are available for consultation in the event that you have a homeschooling legal emergency.
- Will litigate your case on a pro bono (no cost to you) basis if we determine that the issues involved will advance the liberty of homeschooling, religious or church liberty, or the sanctity of life in America.
- Will offer free legal advice if you or your family member has been subject to religious discrimination at work
- Can provide legal guidance after a car accident. One of our attorneys will explain how to protect your rights after of the accident and we will refer you, if needed, to one our trusted attorney affiliates.
(Cost to join HSLDA is $120 per year. Discount pricing is available for multi-year memberships and HOW members receive a special code for a $20 discount.)
Home School Legal Defense Association is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the upbringing and education of their children and to protect family freedoms. HSLDA:
- Provides homeschooling-related legal advice and representation to our 84,000+ member families.
- Promotes homeschool-friendly legislation at the state and federal levels
- Offers information and resources to encourage and support all homeschoolers.
HSLDA members may also download a form exclusively for Wyoming homeschooling when notifying your local school district of your intent to home educate.