Lance and Heather Hager
(HOW President and Vendor Hall Coordinators)
Lance and Heather Hager live in Rock Springs, WY (Sweetwater County). They serve HOW as President and Vendor Hall Coordinators. They have been blessed with 14 years of marriage and two young children whom they’ve been homeschooling for the last two years. Lance has enjoyed his practice as a Doctor of Chiropractic for over 20 years.
Before children Heather was employed in the financial industry. Lance and Heather are committed to the homeschooling journey through high school and hope to be an encouragement and support to other families on the journey.
Mike and Nancy Woods
(HOW Vice President)
Mike and Nancy Woods live in Cody, Wyoming (Park County) and have four children that span grade five to high school. They have been homeschooling for over 10 years and plan to continue until their youngest finishes high school.
They serve as Vice-President.
Mike is a wild land firefighter with the USFS. Prior to children, Nancy worked in the corporate travel industry.
Keith and Beth Nachbar
Keith and Beth Nachbar have been married for 29 years and live in Casper, Wyoming where they have raised their seven children, ages 22 to 9. By God’s grace, Beth has homeschooled all of the children while Keith has worked as an attorney and part-time judge.
Their oldest has graduated from college, is pursuing a Master’s degree and working as a college track and field coach. Another is serving in the military. Their third high school student graduates this year with 40 college credits while the next high school student continues taking dual credit classes for high school and college.
Beth savors the time she spends with the students still at home. They are active in their church, 4H, and Classical Conversations.
Keith and Beth are as enthusiastic as ever about the opportunities offered by homeschooling. They most love the ability to tailor their curriculum to the unique gifts and interests of each of their children. They also recognize the resource and benefit of involvement in Homeschoolers of Wyoming. They currently serve H.O.W. as treasurers.
Matt and Sherri Roberts
Matt and Sherri serve as the Secretary for Homeschoolers of Wyoming.
Bio and photo forthcoming.
Statement of Faith
Board members must be in agreement with this statement of faith, but it is not required for those individuals wishing to participate in activities offered by HOW.
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes His completed and final revelation to man. The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed from eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God come in human flesh being fully God and fully man, except without sin.
- All men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character both by nature and act, and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation.
- The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.
- Marriage is defined by scripture as consisting of one man and one woman, and is the basis of the family, which is a unit ordained by God, and is foundational to the Church and to society.