HOW Statement of Faith
Board members must be in agreement with this statement of faith, but it is
not required for those individuals wishing to participate in activities
offered by H.O.W.
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes His
completed and final revelation to man. The Bible, in its original
autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological
concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed from eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the
Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God come in human flesh
being fully God and fully man, except without sin.
- All men are in violation of God's righteous requirements and His holy
character both by nature and act, and are therefore under His wrath and
- The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty
for man's sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the
successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent
visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be
responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in
the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.